Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Orix Incompetence

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Orix Incompetence
Orix is so bad. They would rather sell Kiyohara goods than win games. I don't think they are interested in winning. Powell just beat them and was the game hero. This illustrates Nakamura's huge error and how it came back to bite the moron. Incompetence. Incompetence. Incompetence. Can any of these guys even hit the ball with guys on base?
Comments
Re: Orix Incompetence
[ Author: lonitary | Posted: Apr 16, 2008 9:47 AM | HIR Fan ]

But LaRocca, Rhodes, and Cabrera are very powerful. The pitching staff is not good, though.
[ Author: Guest: kansai fan | Posted: Apr 16, 2008 12:24 PM ]

I agree, the pitching staff is not good. But you must keep in mind that they lost their top 3 starters (Hirano, Davey, and Kishida) during spring training. Definitely not easy to bounce back from. Is there any word on when those 3 will be coming back?

Now it looks as if they have had to dig too deep into their depleted minor leagues. It all has to go back to the front office for not developing good young players. They need to get rid of the incompetent front office and bring a whole new front office staff in. It can't get worse, can it?

I just feel bad for Collins with the players they have given him to try and compete. It's not fair.

As for the "Big Boys," they need to get hot quick to keep the Orix boat afloat or it's going to be another long summer for the mighty herd.

Don't forget about all the money they have been paying Kiyohara to pose for the newspapers for the last 3 seasons. What a waste.
[ Author: lonitary | Posted: Apr 16, 2008 5:09 PM | HIR Fan ]

But the problem is that Japanese like him. Japanese Orix fans don't think it's a waste. Most of them like Kiyohara so much.
[ Author: Guest: zman | Posted: Apr 16, 2008 9:21 PM ]

Any fan who likes Kiyohara after his recent years of absolute failure do not understand the game of baseball. He is a sinkhole for the team, even if he sells t-shirts.
[ Author: lonitary | Posted: Apr 17, 2008 11:03 AM | HIR Fan ]

Some people say he plays an important roll in teams. For example, foreign players, like LaRocca, Rhodes, and Cabrera, might be isolated from the other Japanese players in the team. But he is so good at building relationships within them. He works as sort of a lubricant.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.