Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

French player Arnaud Fau

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
French player Arnaud Fau
I found a couple French sources (ex. Linternaute.com) that say that former French national team star Arnaud Fau signed in Japan in the mid-1990s. I assume this meant with an industrial league team as I highly doubt a NPB club would have been interested. Can someone confirm that Fau did play in the industrial leagues, and if so, what years he did so?
Comments
Re: French player Arnaud Fau
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Dec 31, 2008 3:58 PM | YBS Fan ]

Hmm. I found on the French Wikipedia something supporting your link that Arnaud Fau played professional baseball in Japan. Based on machine translation, it says something like:
In 1992, new fourth place in Elite. International the Serge Kaouane, catcher, and especially Arnaud Fau, out fielder, make from now on left manpower. Arnaud will sign as a professional in Japan thereafter. Also let us quote Canadian Dany Medley, excel stop runs.
I looked through a paper Player Meikan that I have for 1992 with no luck. I also checked all 12 team rosters at the player number registry between 1990 to 1994 to no avail. If Arnaud Fau played professionally in Japan in 1993 or '94, then it wasn't in NPB (ichi-gun, ni-gun, or as a coach).

That leaves the Industrial Leagues (which are kind of semi-professional). However, I wasn't able to find a Katakana spelling that would turn up any Arnaud Fau playing baseball in Japan. It's hard finding much information on the current Industrial league rosters, finding anything from the early 1990s seems like an impossible task.

Sorry, but this one seems to be a bit beyond my searching skills.
[ Author: PLNara | Posted: Jan 2, 2009 7:48 AM | HT Fan ]

I find this kind of thing fascinating. I found a thread mentioned Fau on this board, which occasionally links to my site.

Here's a Google translation of the passage that mentions Fau:
The cultural adaptations, the relationship problems, the treatment of foreigners ... If the camps are organized every year open to all (some of our good French players have already made the trip there, Arnaud Fau even being a few years left to play in a semi-professional team), an open championship is not yet done. Some teams such as the Tokyo Giants are at the refinery since foreigners do not (but on the other hand, they are often able to attract the best players from Japan).

On a similar note, Torazo Yagi is another interesting guy who's played baseball in Italy and Lithuania.
[ Author: Nicodojo | Posted: Jan 7, 2010 1:08 PM | SFT Fan ]

Hello! I'm new to this great site.
Even this is an old post I'll try to post a reply about Arnaud Fau.
Fau played semi-professional for Miki House near Osaka somewhere between 1994 and 1998.
Hope this helps.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.