Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Brazell not with CL Leaders?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Brazell not with CL Leaders?
Just curious as to why Craig Brazell is not being listed in the batting leaders section for average. After last nights performance against the Giants (3-4) he is hitting .314. Are there a certain number of games that he must play in before he qualifies to be recognized as one of the batting leaders?
Comments
Re: Brazell not with CL Leaders?
[ Author: nanbanjin | Posted: Aug 3, 2009 1:12 AM | HAN Fan ]

FWIW, article 10.23 of the official NPB rules indicates that, in order to qualify for the batting title, a batter must have a minimum of 3.1 PA per regular season game his team plays.
In the current season format, that works out to a total of 446 PA over the season.
[ Author: Guest: Hector | Posted: Aug 3, 2009 9:21 PM ]

I was referring to the section for this website that lists the Central League batting leaders. I don't believe that has any particular connection to the NPB ruling.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 4, 2009 5:43 PM | YBS Fan ]

Nanbanjin is correct, especially for anything involving a percentage, such as the Batting Average Title. Brazell only has 159 plate appearances so far this season. Since the Tigers have played 88 games so far, any Tiger would require 272 PA to qualify for the Big Board at this point in time. I'm afraid that joining the team so late will put the Batting Title out of reach.

Home runs and RBIs are a different matter. Those are both judged by how many overall, regardless of the number of plate appearances. But it will be mighty hard to catch up with those who have been playing the whole season.
[ Author: Mr. Marquirette | Posted: Aug 19, 2009 10:13 PM ]

Never count Craig out. There are not to many professional ball players anywhere on the planet that have hit more home runs than Craig Brazell the last 36 months.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.