Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Hi, New to Board

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Hi, New to Board
Hello!

I found you guys while I was searching for something else. I was wondering, why do you guys love baseball? What is it about the sport that digs in deep?

On another note, is there some place that I can watch Japanese baseball online?

Thanks!
Comments
Re: Hi, New to Board
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 13, 2009 12:17 AM | YBS Fan ]

I was wondering, why do you guys love baseball? What is it about the sport that digs in deep?
Hmmm. That's a good question. Let me answer it with a question. What makes one obsess about anything? It's different for different people.

For me, it all started by being introduced to the game with a partilarly exciting ending (Willie McCovey hitting a sayonara home run as my Dad was trying to get us to beat the rush - followed by sour dough bread). In Japan it's been a way to quickly bypass cultural barriers and relate to peers.

On another note, is there some place that I can watch Japanese baseball online?
Click "Discussion" in the menu bar above, then select "Media Guide" from the list of forums. And while you're on the main "Discussions" page, read the descriptions for all of the different forums. There are at least 8 years worth of discussions here.

Enjoy.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.