Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Former Tiger Atchinson Makes Red Sox Roster

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Former Tiger Atchinson Makes Red Sox Roster
Former Hanshin Tiger Scott Atchinson has broken Spring Training with the Boston Red Sox's 25-man Opening Day roster.

He has impressed in Spring Training thus far with Boston, posting a 1.50 ERA in ten appearances and 12 innings pitched, also picking up one save.

This is the first time that the 34-year-old Atchinson will see action in the Majors since 2007, when he pitched for the San Francisco Giants. He appeared in 22 games, posting a 4.11 ERA in his first MLB appearances since 2005 when he was released by Seattle after posting a dismal 6.75 ERA in 6 appearances that year.
Comments
Re: Former Tiger Atchinson Makes Red Sox Roster
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Apr 3, 2010 6:21 PM ]

Will be funny watching Atchison now pitch for my MLB team instead of my NPB team! Hopefully he can keep up the good work. In Red Sox--Japan news, a bummer about Tazawa, but good to see Atchison have a good spring.
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Apr 7, 2010 11:29 AM ]

Talk about pressure. After being the last man to make the team, Atchison's first appearance was in a one-run game with the bases loaded against Mark Teixeira. Fortunately, got him to fly out, helping to clean up Okajima's mess!
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Apr 7, 2010 12:05 PM ]

But gave up a long fly ball and home run the next inning...
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 7, 2010 12:36 PM ]

Scutaro helped, right?
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Apr 7, 2010 2:52 PM ]

Yeah, definitely not all Okajima's fault. Atchison dealt with a lot of pressure pitching for Hanshin, so hopefully he can perform well in one of the tougher places to play in MLB. I'll be pulling for him.
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Apr 8, 2010 3:59 PM ]

Certainly trial by fire for Atchison. Was brought in today again with men on in the 10th. Did OK, but walked a batter and gave up a run on a fielder's choice. With all the Yankees bats, could have been a lot worse.
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Apr 28, 2010 10:46 AM ]

Unfortunately, Atchison has already been sent down to the minors. He started OK, but has had a couple rough recent outings. The Sox bullpen has been a bit of a mess, so hopefully he'll get another chance.
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: May 29, 2010 7:34 AM ]

I realize that this is an old thread, but I just need to add this.
With Ellsbury back on the DL, Atchinson has just been called back up. Hopefully he'll do well.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.