Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Dave Daniels with Hanshin?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Dave Daniels with Hanshin?
According to the Dutch baseball news site run by Marco Stoovelaar (a usually accurate source), he lists current Dutch coach Dave Daniels as playing for the Hanshin Tigers in 1977 - see http://catcher.home.xs4all.nl/bb11-2610ado2.htm. I can't find him at japanbaseballdaily.com, though the other stops listed (the US, Italy) I was able to confirm. Was Daniels possibly in ni-gun with the Tigers?
Comments
Re: Dave Daniels with Hanshin?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 5, 2011 11:27 AM | YBS Fan ]

You can see the entire Hanshin Tigers' roster (including ni-gun and coaches) for 1977 here [Hanshin Tigers' Uniform Number History - in Japanese], but Daniels is not listed. He's not listed in the previous or following two years, either. Teams were only allowed two foreign players back then, and Hanshin's were Mike Reinbach (1976 to 1980) and Hail Breeden (1976 to 1978). While a fan site, it, too, is considered to be accurate. And because the Tigers had two foreign players before and after 1977, I would be skeptical that he played for Hanshin then.

Have you asked Stoovelaar-san for his source of the information?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.