Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yokohama/Yomiuri Tickets?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Yokohama/Yomiuri Tickets?
Hi,

I am hoping to get to the Friday game of the Yokohama/Yomiuri series in Yokohama on August 3rd. What is the likely availability of walk up tickets for this game?

I have read that Yokohama have pretty poor home attendances, but that when the Giants are in town, particularly for a weekend series, tickets can go quickly.

Any advice or information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David
Comments
Re: Yokohama/Yomiuri Tickets?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 16, 2012 11:00 PM | YBS Fan ]

How much time before the August 3 game will you be here? The best way I've found to get tickets is to go to pretty much any convenience store and buy them there. Tickets are usually still available a week in advance, even for a popular series like against the Giants. Of course, it may only be the expensive tickets still available that late.

A Friday night will have a better chance of not selling out as compared to the weekend. But nothing is guaranteed.

Not exactly a reassuring answer, but I think your chances are good walking up Friday night at the stadium, but much better dropping into a convenience store the week before.
[ Author: Guest: Eugene | Posted: Jul 31, 2012 4:15 AM ]

What if the tickets are for a Climax Series game? I'll be in town in October (5-16) and would love to see a game either in Osaka (doesn't seem likely at this point) or Tokyo. When do those tickets typically go on sale, and am I completely out of luck in terms of buying them from the US? Thanks!
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 31, 2012 8:56 AM | YBS Fan ]

I don't think that Climax Series tickets go on sale much before a week before the events.

Since the Climax Series starts on October 13, it looks like you'll be here in Japan when the tickets go on sale. But, yes, you should be able to buy tickets to the Climax Series and regular season games online from "e+ or other online ticket agencies. (Being able to read Japanese is a prerequisite, though.)
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.