Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

iPhone App?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
iPhone App?
Konnichiwa. I am the author of the iPhone app "Baseball Statistics 2013 Edition". This app is updated each year and uses data from seanlahman.com for MLB player and team statistics from 1871-2012.

I am wondering if there would be interest in my adding the player data from the Japanese Baseball Database (Pro Yakyu) to my app. It looks like this would be possible since the data is in similar format to what I am using. Please let me know if you are interested.

Mark Knopper
email mak (at) bgp.nu
Comments
Re: iPhone App?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 23, 2013 1:33 PM | YBS Fan ]

I believe that this is the latest thread about the Pro Yakyu database that Eng-san has put together. Eng-san's database is more Lahman-like than mine is.

Please note that the database is released under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0. The "NC" part makes it non-commercial. So if you charge for your app, you'll need to contact Eng-san for a separate license or exclusion.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.