Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Age Differential of Starting Pitchers?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Age Differential of Starting Pitchers?
Here's a question for you stats nuts out there. Today I'm watching the Tigers--BayStars game, in which the starting pitchers are Miura (40) and Fujinamai (19). I was just wondering if anyone knows the biggest age differential ever in a game between opposing starting pitchers (either in NPB or MLB). As Yamamoto (48) is still starting, I imagine he could be involved in the answer. Anyway, not sure if there's a stat for something like this, but then again there's a stat for everything.
Comments
Re: Age Differential of Starting Pitchers?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 28, 2013 4:13 PM | YBS Fan ]

If it's anywhere near the top, it'll be in tomorrow's newspaper. They like that sort of thing.
Re: Age Differential of Starting Pitchers?
[ Author: Guest: Gotigersredsox | Posted: Apr 28, 2013 6:00 PM ]

Even with the 19 year differential, it might not be near the top. With it being not so uncommon in Japan to go straight from high school to a pro rotation--and pitchers like Yamamoto and Kudoh going well into their 40s--it could be more like 25 years.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.