Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Sabermetric-Oriented Analysis of NPB?

Discussion in the Book Reviews forum
Sabermetric-Oriented Analysis of NPB?
Does anyone know if there is a Japanese equivalent of the books that Baseball Prospectus or Hardball Times put out each year? I am looking for some serious Sabermetric analysis of pro yakyu, but I haven't been able to find anything so far.

I have gone through some tachiyomi sessions with the books published by Data Stadium, Inc., which are the closest thing I have found, but somehow they didn't appeal to me.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice.
Comments
Re: Sabermetric-Oriented Analysis of NPB?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 5, 2006 10:54 PM | YBS Fan ]

Jim Allen (currently writes for the Daily Yomiuri) wrote a Guide to Japanese Baseball from 1994 to 1997 which was full of such Sabermetric analysis. I've tried to convince him a number of times to write another one. I'll try again.
Re: Sabermetric-Oriented Analysis of NPB?
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Oct 6, 2006 2:10 AM ]

While I do not do an annual Sabermetric evaluation of Japanese baseball as Mr. Allen did (it was quite good, I might add), I have looked at the broader history of Japanese ball from that perspective. You can see my work here [Baseball Guru].

Jim Albright
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.