Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Down Time

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Down Time
Some of you may have noticed that this site has been down for a couple of days. I know I have, and it drove me crazy! (On the bright side, I did make a model of our home in Legos, which was kind of fun.)

The reason for the down time was my mistake. After an intrusion scan of my site from somewhere in China, I firewalled that ISP. However, in doing so I mistyped the network mask and essentially firewalled the world - myself included.

Since the server in located physically on the opposite side of the Earth as I am, I had to wait for a system administer over there to kill that firewall rule to allow me (and everyone else) back in.

Sorry for the blunder. It was all my fault. I'll be more careful to double check my netmasks before committing them. I just hope you found something interesting to do in the mean time.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.