Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Ty Van Burkleo Stats

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Ty Van Burkleo Stats
Do you have Ty Van Burkleo stats? I couldn't locate them in the "playes" list. He is the new Seattle Mariners Bench Coach who played for the Seibu Lions and the Hiroshima Toyo Carp from 1987 to 1991.
Comments
Re: Ty Van Burkleo Stats
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Dec 14, 2008 9:22 AM | YBS Fan ]

Done.

It looks like he signed with the Lions in 1997, but didn't play in any games that year. He only really played one full season, in 1988. Otherwise, he was used as a replacement outfielder and a very poor designated hitter for the Lions in 1989 and 1990. He converted to first base for the Carp in 1991.

Hope this helps.
Re: Ty Van Burkleo Stats
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Dec 15, 2008 12:12 PM | HAN Fan ]

Thank you for posting his stats. I think Ty will be a valuable addition to the Mariners to be able to work with Ichiro, Johjima, and any other Asian stars that may wind up with the Mariners.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.