Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

MLB Playoffs= Bright spot for NPB

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
MLB Playoffs= Bright spot for NPB
Living in Madison, Wisconsin, and being a Milwaukee Brewers fan, I'm sick of Chicago Cubs fans complaining about K. Fukudome. Although the Cubs (and Brewers) have been eliminated from the playoffs, I think it is surely a credit to Japanese Baseball to know the following information, (and despite the negativity towards Fukudome - although he was voted to the All Star game in July):

Of the 4 teams now battling for 2 World Series spots, 3 of these have 2 players from Japan, and the other team has 1 player from NPB:
  • LA Dodgers - H. Kuroda and T. Saito
  • PHIL Phillies - S. Taguchi and T. Iguchi
  • BOST Red Sox - D. Matsuzaka and H. Okajima
  • TAMPA D-Rays have A. Iwamura.
I'd say that demonstrates that there certainly is some good quality represented here, considering that the World Series has always been the major goal for the Major Leagues since 1900. Interestingly, both teams in the World Series last October also had former NPB All Stars: Boston (above) had 2 players, and the Colorado Rockies had one - K. Matsui.

Back to the Brewers for NPB Trivia: Name the Japanese players who've been NPB All Stars in Japan that also played for the Milwaukee Brewers?

M.Braun
Comments
Re: MLB Playoffs= Bright spot for NPB
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Oct 11, 2008 7:23 PM ]

- I'd say that demonstrates that there certainly is some good quality represented here [...]

With exception of the Rays, they are also rich clubs.

- [...] the World Series has always been the major goal for the Major Leagues since 1900.

Are you talking about the World Baseball Classic?

- Name the Japanese players who've been NPB All Stars in Japan that also played for the Milwaukee Brewers?

Dave "Dingo" Nilsson isn't Japanese, so is it Mac Suzuki?
Re: MLB Playoffs= Bright spot for NPB
[ Author: hillsy | Posted: Oct 18, 2008 1:22 AM | CD Fan ]

That would be Nomo, of course. I too am a Brew Crew fan, now living in Seattle. Of course, just as soon as I leave, the Crew get pretty darn good. I share in your joy of the Cubs' post-season exit sans a win. I just wish the Brewers would have done a little more.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.