Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Phillies Scouting Riggs?

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Phillies Scouting Riggs?
Has anyone heard of anything about Riggs going to Philly or scouts looking at him for next year? It was a rumor that I heard.
Comments
Re: Phillies Scouting Riggs?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Aug 28, 2006 1:17 PM | SFT Fan ]

They could very well be looking at Riggs as a middle infielder, with a invitation to spring training. From what I've heard lately, Yakult might not re-sign Riggs.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Aug 28, 2006 5:49 PM | NIP Fan ]

I was under the impression they were scouting Iwamura, not Riggs, but who knows. Philly definitely has a big question mark at third base for next year.
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Aug 28, 2006 8:57 PM | SFT Fan ]

The Phillies have been scouting Iwamura, as they have had an interest in him.

With David Bell gone, the Phillies have a hole at third base, and the Phillies haven't had a true third baseman since Scott Rolen was traded to St.Louis.

If anything, the Phillies will be looking at Riggs possibly as an utility infielder, with an invitation to spring training. Nothing more, nothing less.
[ Author: Guest: indian creek | Posted: Aug 29, 2006 1:28 AM ]

Why would Yakult want to let him go after his contract is up? He is one of the best on that team.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 3, 2006 8:40 PM ]

- Why would Yakult want to let him go after his contract is up? He is one of the best on that team.

Why would the Phils trade Abreu to the Yankees? A lot of moves teams make seem to be senseless, but usually come about when somebody wants to cut payroll. Since Riggs will be 34 next season, perhaps they're just looking to get younger.
[ Author: Guest: aaron h | Posted: Sep 4, 2006 11:00 AM ]

I don't know what you think, but if a guy is 40 or 20 years old hitting 30 homers, I'm going to keep him as long as he hits 33 homers and 31 doubles. And he is not that bad at fielding.
[ Author: Something Lions | Posted: Sep 4, 2006 5:20 PM | SL Fan ]

I reckon it would depend on how much money he asks for.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.