Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Chih Chia Chang

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Chih Chia Chang
Ok, I read reports that Chang is training in Arizona with a few other Japanese players. Chang was released by Seibu a couple of months ago and he's looking to catch up with a team in the U.S. I just want some of the Japanese baseball experts' opinion, do you think Seibu gave up on Chang too quick, and how do you think he'll fare in the U.S.? Maybe begin the year in AA?
Comments
Re: Chih Chia Chang
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Dec 29, 2006 5:07 PM | SFT Fan ]

I'm not all that positive that Chang will do that well. I could be wrong, but he struggled at ni-gun this year, going 1-1 with a 6.86 ERA in 12 games and hasn't played with the top team since 2004.

Also to me, Chang has had some control problems and needs to cut down on the walks before becoming an effective major leaguer. Also, Chang has had injury problems. I just don't see Chang being an effective major leaguer now, maybe if he went to the majors before signing with Seibu.

Though if Chang were to join a major league team, it would probably be on a minor league contract, and he would probably start out in AA or AAA.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.