Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japan SP's to MLB in '08?

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Japan SP's to MLB in '08?
Hi, I'm new here! Great forum you guys keep!

Anyways, I'm wondering which starting pitchers that are currently in Japan will or will likely be posted this winter, to come to MLB for '08. I have heard 3 players possibly getting posted, they are Kazumi Saitoh, Koji Uehara, and Kenshin Kawakami. Can anyone verify?

Thanks.
Comments
Re: Japan SP's to MLB in '08?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Sep 17, 2007 11:11 AM | SFT Fan ]

Uehara will not be posted as the Giants have said they don't recognize the posting system.

I have my concerns with Saitoh due to recurring shoulder problems.

Also, I just don't see the Dragons posting Kawakami.

Though switching to your question about possibly getting posted, I haven't heard anything about any of them getting posted.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Sep 17, 2007 12:47 PM | NIP Fan ]

Saitoh: no (shoulder troubles, not enough service time)

Uehara: maybe (and it would be as a free agent, not posting)

Kawakami: no (not enough service time for free agency and he's having a "bad" year)
[ Author: Guest: Benu | Posted: Sep 19, 2007 12:25 AM ]

I tend to think Uehara is good as gone. I saw a fairly good article on a site I haven't heard of before, East Windup Chronicle, about this subject.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.