Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yu Darvish thinking about being posted?

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Yu Darvish thinking about being posted?
I understand Nikkan Sports is reporting that Darvish is thinking about asking to be posted after the 2010 season and that his team may consider it. Does anyone have any thoughts or insight on this?
Comments
Re: Yu Darvish thinking about being posted?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Feb 13, 2010 3:57 PM | SFT Fan ]

The closest thing saying Darvish will get posted is from Nikkan Sports, as you said, in an article from January 20th. It says he could be posted after the 2010 season, Darvish won't be eligible for free agency till after the 2013 season if I'm correct.

Since that article in Nikkan Sports, I haven't seen another article mentioning Darvish being posted. I wouldn't believe anything about Darvish being posted until Nippon Ham actually announces that they will post him. Anything else, in my opinion, is pure speculation.

This much is sure though; if posted after the 2010 season he will break Matsuzaka's posting fee record and the contract he received.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.