Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Lee, Young-Min (aka Eibin Ri)

Discussion in the Baseball Asia forum
Lee, Young-Min (aka Eibin Ri)
I'm doing some research about a Korean baseball player named Lee, Young-Min 이영민(李榮敏). He was referred to as Eibin Ri in Robert Fitts's Banzai Babe Ruth. I know he played for Japan against the '34 American team that came to Japan and I'm sure that there is information about him in Japanese, but was wondering if anyone knew of any information about him in English.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Comments
Re: Lee, Young-Min (aka Eibin Ri)
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 15, 2013 7:28 PM | YBS Fan ]

This Wikipedia entry (in Korean) appears to be about Lee. It mentions his participation in the Nichi-bei exhibition games and refers to him as an all around athlete.

The English version is very much abbreviated. For example, it mentions that Lee was the first Korean to hit a home run in Korean baseball history, but fails to mention that it was the first over the fence home run by a Korean. There is no mention of many of the other sports and events he participated in.

But Lee's legend appears to be most firmly based around his participation in soccer.

----

I was unable to find any mention of Lee in reference to the 1935 tour of the U.S. nor in two encyclopedia volumes regarding the history of Pro Yakyu from 1936.
Re: Lee, Young-Min (aka Eibin Ri)
[ Author: Guest: Clare Barger | Posted: May 12, 2017 6:56 AM ]

My husband is his grandson. What would you like to know? We have the picture of he and Babe Ruth from that game.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.