Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

La New Bears Sign Nerio Rodriguez

Discussion in the Around Asia forum
La New Bears Sign Nerio Rodriguez
The La New Bears have inked 34 year old right hander Nerio Rodriguez - not the one that played in Japan. Rodriguez was 0-3 with a 6.95 ERA in four games for the Triple-A Memphis Redbirds before moving to the Monclova Steelers of the Mexican League where he posted a 4-1 mark with a 3.44 ERA in 10 games.
Comments
Re: La New Bears Sign Nerio Rodriguez
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Aug 22, 2005 8:19 PM ]

Nerio Rodriguez is a former Oriole who played with the Orioles from 1996 to '98. He has a 4-6 record with a 6.32 ERA in 32 games/7 starts. It's interesting to know Nerio is in Taiwan now, as I haven't heard where he was in ages now. [Source - Baseball-Reference]
[ Author: Guest: dude | Posted: Aug 27, 2005 10:45 PM ]

I saw him pitch today. He was doing terrible and pitched for only 5 innings. Has he been injured before? He was very inaccurate in today's start and his fastball barely reached above 142km. He left the game with an ERA of above 11.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Aug 28, 2005 6:03 AM ]

- He was very inaccurate in today's start and his fastball barely reached above 142km.

I can't speak if I know if he was injured or not, but when he used to pitch with the Orioles he had a lot of control problems before we traded him to the Blue Jays.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.