Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Beijing Tigers in Asia Series!

Discussion in the Around Asia forum
Beijing Tigers in Asia Series!
Nobody would have cared abou the China Baseball League otherwise, but they have to because with a 10-5 doubling of the Tianjin Lions, the Beijing Tigers have clawed their way to the Asia Series. With the victory on Sunday at Lu Cheng Stadium in China's capital, the Tigers clinched their third straight CBA title with a three game sweep in the best-of-five series.

The Tigers won Games 1 and 2 by scores of 8-3 and 4-2 respectively, both in Tianjin. Yesterday's game (September 11) was broadcast on Beijing Television (BJTV). The Tianjin games were broadcast on TJTV.

The Tigers will represent the CBA in Tokyo when they join the NPB, KBO, and CPBL champions in playing for the Konami Cup. The Tigers will probably get the third place and fourth place prize money of 10 million yen. On November 10, the Tigers will play the CPBL champion. On the 11th, it will be the KBO champion, and on the 12th it will be the NPB champion.

[Editor's note: I changed "CBL" to "CBA" as the name I've seen of the league is "Chinese Baseball Association" according to the English Asia Series league profile for it. Do sources within China call it CBL?]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.