Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Koshien Tournament

Discussion in the Pro Yakyu History forum
Koshien Tournament
Can anyone recommend articles, books, or web sites chronicling the history of the Koshien National High School Summer Tournament and/or Koshien Stadium? Asahi Shimbun sponsors the tourney, so I'm sure that they must have a background someplace.
Comments
Re: Koshien Tournament
[ Author: Guest: Hazama | Posted: Jun 23, 2004 1:46 PM ]

I'm afraid that I only know about Japanese sites. You need access a web translation site.

fanxfan.jp [down when testing]
High School Baseball NET
SpoNichi 2000 Koshien
Koshien Stars in the Professional Draft
Re: Koshien Tournament
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 8, 2004 2:38 PM | YBS Fan ]

Watching the games on NHK, they flashed a URL for their Koshien coverage [warning: Flash application] which shows the day's match-ups, current wind direction, live line scores, information about the different schools participating, and more. Naturally, all of this is in Japanese only.

NHK does have an English subsection with news in English in Real and Freedom-impared formats. But don't expect too much baseball coverage there.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.