Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japanese Players in World War II

Discussion in the Pro Yakyu History forum
Japanese Players in World War II
Hello,

I am doing some research for a possible documentary on baseball in World War II. Obviously, here in the United States, I can get plenty of information on who the major players were that were both playing at the time, and went into the service. However, I am having trouble finding the names of Japanese players of the time. Can somebody help me out? I would like to get the names and bios of players who were prominent in the late 30's through mid-40's, as well as the names of players who went into the military. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim
Comments
Re: Japanese Players in World War II
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Jan 27, 2005 10:29 AM ]

Try this thread and this one.

Jim Albright
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 28, 2005 6:17 AM ]

Also, my pre-1950 "all decade" team has some of the kinds of info you're seeking. That page can be found here [Baseball Guru].

Also, if you click on the name of the player before the comments on them, you will go to my InfoLinks page, which collects all the info I've posted on my pages about these guys.

Jim Albright
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 21, 2005 4:29 PM ]

I've got a photograph of a Japanese baseball team in occupied Dungun, Malaysia (1942-1945). Am not sure if the players include any pros, but it may be interesting for your research. I can e-mail you a scan of it if you'd like.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.