Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tokyo Hammers: Amateur Baseball Tryout

Discussion in the Play Ball! forum
Tokyo Hammers: Amateur Baseball Tryout
Our international amateur baseball team is holding tryouts for high school and/or college experienced pitchers for the 2006 season. We currently have 2 openings on the 2006 roster.

Last year we finished with a record of 12 wins, 7 losses, and 3 ties, but lost 2 pitchers in the off season. One will be playing semi-pro ball here in Japan this yea,r and the other moved back home to Canada.

As for this year our current record is 3 wins, 0 losses, and 0 ties, and we are entered in 3 tournaments this season.

Also looking for an experienced scorekeeper.

If interested, please see our contact page on our team website.
Comments
Re: Tokyo Hammers: Amateur Baseball Tryout
[ Author: Dodgers/Mariners/Lions/Giants | Posted: Jul 21, 2006 10:04 AM | SL Fan ]

The Tokyo Hammers are again looking for Experienced Baseball Players for all positions and also still looking for a scorekeeper.
Please see website to apply
[ Author: Guest: anthony | Posted: Jul 26, 2006 7:22 AM ]

For some reason it will not let me apply. I don't know if it is my computer or the link.

Let me know because I am really interested in playing. I know I can help your team a lot.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 26, 2006 8:14 AM | YBS Fan ]

The way to apply states that you need to go to the contacts page ("Contacts" bat on left). There's an e-mail address for the manager there. If you use a web based mailer, you may need to right click ([Control]-click on Macs) the manager's link, copy the link, then paste it into the "To:" field of your web mail composer page (remove the "mailto:" in front). I recommend putting "Attn: Tokyo Hammers" in the subject line.

Before you do so, though, it specifically states that they're looking for people with high school or college baseball playing experience. Be sure to include that information in your message to the manager.

Also, please read the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for this site. The reason your other message was rejected is because I don't answer those questions without seeing some obvious effort on the part of the poster to have first looked for the information. If the FAQ doesn't help, please state so and ask again.
[ Author: Guest: james | Posted: Nov 9, 2006 12:00 PM ]

I am very interested in coming and trying out for the team. I can be a real asset, and it is my life long dream to play baseball in Tokyo. I've been playing baseball since I was 6 years old, all the way threw high school, and I would like to pursue my dream farther and get the chance of a life time.

Thank you.
[ Author: Dodgers/Mariners/Lions/Giants | Posted: Dec 12, 2006 3:47 AM | SL Fan ]

Once again our international amateur baseball team is holding tryouts for high school and/or college experienced serious ballplayers for the 2007 season. We currently have 5 openings on the 2007 roster.

Last year we finished with a record of 23 Wins, 16 Losses, 3 Ties, and 9 Rain outs.

We are looking for players between the ages of 18 to 35 with a strong commitment to Sunday attendance. The ideal player has the ability to play several positions.

We're also looking for experienced scorekeepers.

If interested, please see our team website and e-mail me directly at partywithroark atMark hotmail d0t com with "Tokyo Hammers: Amateur Tryout" in the subject line of your e-mail.
[ Author: Dodgers/Mariners/Lions/Giants | Posted: Apr 17, 2007 1:24 PM | SL Fan ]

The Tokyo Hammers, an international amateur baseball team, is holding tryouts for serious ballplayers with high school and/or college experience for our 2007 season. We currently have 5 openings on the 2007 roster.

Currently our 2007 record so far is, 7 Wins, 1 Loss, and 0 Ties with 1 Rain out.

We are looking for experienced players between the ages of 18 to 35 with a strong commitment to weekly Sunday attendance. The ideal player has the ability to play several positions.

We're also looking for scorekeepers.

If interested, please see our team website and e-mail me directly at partywithroark atMark hotmail d0t com with "Tokyo Hammers: Amateur Tryout" in the subject line of your e-mail, or check our schedule page and contact us at a game, be sure to bring your baseball equipment.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.