Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Serafini Released

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Serafini Released
According to Nikkan Sports and other Japanese sources, the Orix Buffaloes announced on July 14, 2007 that they are to release left handed pitcher Dan Serafini. After signing for 4-oku yen over two years after his 11 and 4 championship 2005 season with Lotte, Serafini was 0 and 4 with a 9.97 ERA in 7 games in 2006, and has been 2 and 5 with a 5.40 ERA so far in 2007. After suffering a fractured pinky finger in mid-May, Serafini returned to Japan at the end of June and has been working out at ni-gun.

Serafini doesn't figure in the Orix plans for the remainder of this season, and Orix are currently looking into several players from Korea as possible replacements next season. In the mean time, by releasing Serafini now, he still has a chance to latch on with a team in North America, Korea, or Taiwan, each of whom have their signing deadline at the end of July according to Nikkan Sports. (For those who didn't catch it earlier, NPB's signing/trading deadline was June 30.)

I'm sure we all wish him the best where ever he signs on with. Gambatte Serafini.
Comments
Re: Serafini Released
[ Author: Guest: Gues | Posted: Jul 25, 2007 7:45 AM ]

Does anyone know Serafini's numbers prior to his release (i.e. G, IP, H, R, Ks, BBs, etc.)?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 25, 2007 12:47 PM ]

- Does anyone know Serafini's numbers prior to his release (i.e. G, IP, H, R, Ks, BBs, etc.)?

Let's see...

9 games, 2 wins and 5 losses over 45 IP.

57 H, 20 BB, 23 K, and 27 earned runs for a 5.40 season ERA.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 25, 2007 1:19 PM | YBS Fan ]

I've entered what I've got so far on Serafini's player page. I'll update the remaining fields as I can track down the data.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 13, 2007 10:25 PM ]

Serafini is currently in Colorado Springs, with the AAA affiliate of the Colorado Rockies. He currently has 7 1/3 innings out of the pen with a 0.00 ERA. You can keep up with him on minorleaguebaseball.com.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.