Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Free Agency Reached

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Free Agency Reached
As players are beginning to reach the magic number of days for a full season's credit to reaching free agency, the announcements are starting to come in.

First, from Chunichi, Fukudome (due to the special injury agreement discussed earlier) and ace closer Iwase have fulfilled their requisite number of days. [Nikkan Sports - in Japanese]

Hiroshima's 30 year old Arai has also reached free agency as of today (August 21). He says that he'll consider his options after the season has ended. [Sponichi Annex - in Japanese]

Finally, Hanshin's Shimoyanagi has reached free agency for his second time. [Sponichi Annex - in Japanese]
Comments
Re: Free Agency Reached
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Aug 23, 2007 4:04 AM | CLM Fan ]

Wow. I had no idea Arai qualified. He's totally been under the radar, but if he goes on the market, there should be some big interest with other NPB teams. I get a feeling he'll stay, though. Hiroshima took a big leap of faith when they drafted him.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.