Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2007 2007 Central League Climax Series - Stage 2 Game 3

Discussion in the NPB News forum
2007 2007 Central League Climax Series - Stage 2 Game 3
Looks like a few of you popped in and out of the chat room while I was at the game, but nobody stayed long. Oh, well.

And what did you miss?

The Chunichi Dragons defeated the Yomiuri Giants by a score of 4-2 to continue on to the 2007 Nippon Series.

It was the former BayStar duo of Woods (3-run home run) and Tanishige (solo home run) who accounting for all the Dragon scoring. Nioka hit a solo shot for the Giants to put them in the lead 1-0 at the start. A walk, past ball, and base hit by Ogasawara scored the Giants' second run.

We sat way up high on the third base side, surrounded by Dragon fans. The couple sitting to my left came into Tokyo earlier on the Shinkansen from Nagoya. It looked like the girl dragged her boyfriend along. She was quite spirited throughout the game, while he went through the motions of cheering. (She had some not so polite words about Nakata - tonight's starter for the Dragons - but always followed by screaming his name longingly when he got out of each jam.

I asked her what she thought of Fukudome's chances of staying with the Dragons. She said it was OK for him to go to the MLB, but not to any of the other Central League teams. That would be bad.

I had done an informal survey of jerseys outside and inside of Tokyo Dome before and during the game. Outside I saw mostly Tatsunami jerseys. They were far and away the most popular. However, inside Tokyo Dome, at least where I was sitting, it looked like 2 out of 3 people were wearing Ibata jerseys, including the above mentioned female Nagoyan (she changed from her signature covered home Ibata jersey to her blue away Ibata jersey after a couple of innings).

After the game, we waited a long time, but the Dragons did not throw Ochiai-kantoku into the air (for the doage). Did we not wait long enough?

Well, nonetheless, the Chunichi Dragons move on to face the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters in the Nippon Series. It should be a close one.
Comments
Re: 2007 Central League Climax Series - Stage 2 Game 3
[ Author: Guest: zman | Posted: Oct 21, 2007 2:49 PM ]

What a collapse by the first place Giants. Hitting was weak and pitching worse. Ochiai clearly outfoxed Hara, it was not even close.

Sweeping the hapless Tigers and the shell shocked Giants must put the Dragons in the rocking chair now. You figure their MO is huge right now. The Hamsters are a fine team, and Hillman's got a nice story going, but you gotta figure it's the Dragons in 5 or 6 this time.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.