Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2007 Nippon Series: Audio or Textual?

Discussion in the NPB News forum
2007 Nippon Series: Audio or Textual?
The 2007 Nippon Series between the Chunichi Dragons and Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters starts this Saturday, October 27.

You're all familiar with the Pro Yakyu Live! audio broadcasts, and the recent Climax Series where I did the play-by-play in the chat room. Now, which format would you like the Nippon Series to be in?

And, yes, the chat room will be open either way. But if I'm calling the game, I won't be able to type along as well.

Express your opinion below. And feel free to explain why you'd prefer one way or the other. In case of a tie, my wife casts the tie breaking vote (and she'd prefer the quieter method).
Comments
Re: 2007 Nippon Series: Audio or Textual?
[ Author: Guest: zman | Posted: Oct 24, 2007 5:58 PM ]

Chat is the way to go as it's interactive.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Oct 24, 2007 7:54 PM | HAN Fan ]

I concur.
[ Author: Jgribbins | Posted: Oct 24, 2007 7:42 PM | HT Fan ]

Chat!
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Oct 25, 2007 5:53 AM | SFT Fan ]

But if we go textual, does this mean the end of Pro Yakyu Live?
[ Author: Thomas | Posted: Oct 25, 2007 1:26 AM | CLM Fan ]

I don't know how much I will be able to follow yet (count this as a quarter vote ), but I'd definitely go with the chat - then anybody dropping in later at least can read the commentary (and it's more detailed than the teams websites' reports). And being no native listener, it might be hard to follow for me, once emotions run high.
[ Author: NiGHTS | Posted: Oct 25, 2007 5:52 AM | TYS Fan ]

Where can I find the chat btw? Sorry if this question was answered in another thread.
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Oct 25, 2007 10:00 AM | SFT Fan ]

You can find the chat box here [when a room is open].

Also, about the topic, I say textual. As zman said, it's more interactive, and even if I can't make the chat, it's interesting to read the chat transcripts.
[ Author: Brimsek | Posted: Oct 25, 2007 9:01 PM | HNHF Fan ]

I like chat as well - especially if someone comes in mid-game. Although I've listened to some of your live casts and enjoyed them!
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Oct 25, 2007 11:50 PM | NIP Fan ]

I prefer chat, so I can drop in for little bits and pieces of the game in between working and find out what's going on and wave virtual bananas and all. Plus it's a lot easier to go through a chat log than through three hours of an audio file.

The added bonus is getting to be the Inada-Inaba-Ibata checker.
[ Author: bigdaub | Posted: Oct 26, 2007 11:54 PM ]

Chat.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.