Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Cabrera Likely To Leave Seibu

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Cabrera Likely To Leave Seibu
Seibu Lions first baseman/DH Alex Cabrera is likely on his way out after negotiations on a new deal hit a snag.

The Orix Buffaloes have been mentioned to be interested in Cabrera. If Orix can sign Cabrera they have a pretty decent lineup (Rhodes, LaRocca, and Cabrera), though Orix's problem to me is they need some more pitching (I still can't believe they traded Kawagoe for Hamanaka, seeing the pitching problem).

Cabrera batted .295/.377/.512 with 27 HRs and 81 RBI in 119 games and 441 ABs in 2007.

Source: Japan Ball
Comments
Re: Cabrera Likely To Leave Seibu
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 27, 2007 6:34 AM ]

I think the Orix problem is the offense. Look at how well Orix starting pitching did last season without run support, and the pen did a nice job for the most part.

With these 3 power hitters now they need a couple guys at the top of the lineup to set the table. Are there any Japanese players available that could fill that role? The foreign players look strong, now but they are definitely up there in age.
Re: Cabrera Likely To Leave Seibu
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Nov 27, 2007 5:12 PM | SFT Fan ]

- Are there any Japanese players available that could fill that role?

Looking at the free agent list there really aren't many Japanese players that could fit the role of a top of the order hitter there.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.