Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Non-Reserved Free Agents

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Non-Reserved Free Agents
According to Nikkan Sports (December 1, 2007 paper edition), the Commissioners Office released the list of non-reserved free agents on November 30th. The list includes big names like Yokohama's Mark Kroon and Yakult's Seth Greisenger. Other teams are free to talk with these players as of today.Along with this list was another listing all of the retiring and otherwise released players:

Retiring
Giants: Kawanaka Mototsugu
Hanshin: Nakamura Yutaka
Yokohama: Tsutsumiuchi Takeshi, Inamine Shigeo, Sakumoto Masahiro, Gotoh Shinya, Iida Ryuichiro
Yakult: Furuta Atsuya
Nippon Ham: Tanaka Yukio
SoftBank: Tanoue Keisaburo
Seibu: Ishii Takashi, Kuroda Satoshi

Otherwise Released
Chunichi: Joe Valentine, Franklyn Gracesqui
Hanshin: Esteban Yan
Yokohama: Scott Chiasson, Joselo Diaz
Nippon Ham: Andy Green
Lotte: Matt Watson
Rakuten: Adam Bass, Kevin Witt
Seibu: Jason Johnson, Christopher Gissell
Orix: Dan Serafini, Chad Allen

Now is the time to start speculating which teams will pick up who. Nikkan Sports started off with Oh-kantoku commenting on the possibility of getting Greisinger.
Comments
Re: Non-Reserved Free Agents
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Dec 2, 2007 2:06 AM | CLM Fan ]

I'm not quite clear about what this list is. Are some of these players just guys who haven't re-signed yet? I find it hard to believe that a lot of these young high draft picks (Miki, Higuchi, Kamakura, etc.) would be given up on so quickly. Are some of those teams actually that dumb?

I'm glad to see Lotte isn't giving up on their younger guys.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.