Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Dragons sign Wada

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Dragons sign Wada
Kazuhiro Wada signed a deal with Chunichi Dragons. I am not sure about the details of the deal yet. Sounds like Chunichi just got an outfielder to replace Fukudome.
Comments
Re: Dragons sign Wada
[ Author: Dan Miceli | Posted: Dec 9, 2007 7:58 PM ]

Chunichi got an outfielder who will occupy a roster spot and hopefully provide some consistent power, but they didn't get a guy in Wada who will replace Fukudome. Wada looked like a shell of his former self in 2007, and will be 36 in June. How well will he be able to patrol left field for Chunichi?

One of their strengths in recent years has been overall team defense. I hope they are going to pay him much less than the 2.75-oku he "earned" this past season with Seibu.
Re: Dragons sign Wada
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Dec 10, 2007 12:07 AM | NIP Fan ]

Supposedly it's a deal for 3 years, 8.4-oku yen. (Source: Nikkan Sports)

Chunichi again does a nice job getting these local boys - Wada grew up in Gifu.

I agree, he's getting old and is on a decline, but I think he could still help them out. The thing is, I'm really not so sure they needed another outfielder, what with Lee, Morino, Hidenori, Hirata, and [cough] Kazuki Inoue. I mean, if there was a team that sort of needs a guy like Wada right now it'd be Yakult.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.