Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Giants Get Greisinger

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Giants Get Greisinger
Boy, I am really sick of the Giants' money tactics and signing everybody [Nikkan Sports article in Japanese about signing Greisinger]. Supposedly Ramirez is joining them, too, right? Thank god Fukudome has rejected them and is coming to MLB. Yomiuri is even worse than the Yankees.
Comments
Re: Giants Get Greisinger
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Dec 10, 2007 7:38 PM | HAN Fan ]

Interesting - the money offered is below what the Tigers were offering him. Maybe he didn't want to leave Tokyo?
[ Author: sangubashi | Posted: Dec 10, 2007 11:17 PM | TYS Fan ]

Well, if the Giants don't win next year I'm gonna laugh. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. What with Ramirez, Kroon, and now Greisinger, who else are they going to sign? A-Rod? I think I'm gonna cry.
[ Author: Jgribbins | Posted: Dec 11, 2007 1:10 AM | HT Fan ]

I have to agree. I am a Yankees fan and I am sick of the big $$$ being spent! The Yanks have proven though, all that $$ cant buy a World Series!

Keep the youngsters!
[ Author: Guest: Tony | Posted: Dec 11, 2007 9:38 AM ]

If you win a championship by making shrewd trades and good player personnel moves then you can be proud of your accomplishment. If you are some rich tycoon who buys all the best players, can you really be proud of winning? Any pea brain can do that.
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Dec 11, 2007 8:10 AM | TYS Fan ]

Can someone pass the vomit bag?
[ Author: Guest: JR | Posted: Dec 12, 2007 12:36 AM ]

Well, nothing ever guarantees a championship. After all their spending sprees, it's been a long time since the Yankees have had all the right pieces. Hopefully the Giants will find a way to lose as well. Or hopefully all their new foreign players will also have the curse of the Giants foreigners of the past. Of course they all seem like nice guys, but - no one in a Giants uniform is a nice guy anymore, right?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Dec 12, 2007 9:11 AM | SFT Fan ]

- [...] no one in a Giants uniform is a nice guy anymore, right?

Yeah, but as Leo Durocher said, "Nice guys finish last." I'm sure Greisinger, Kroon, and Ramirez aren't complaining that they're playing with the Giants in 2008 as compared to the Yakult Swallows and Yokohama BayStars. If they stayed with those teams they would of most likely have been nice guys who finished last or close to last.

Anyway, to all three of them, welcome to the Big Show now, you're in Tokyo playing for the Giants. We'll see what happens in 2008 for them and the Giants.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Dec 12, 2007 10:08 AM | HAN Fan ]

It will be interesting to see whether their experiences mirror everyone else's or that they actually enjoy and prosper in the Giants.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Dec 12, 2007 11:49 AM | NIP Fan ]

What would really rule would be if, sure, the Giants pound the Central League to a pulp with all of their purchased firepower, and then get beaten by Rakuten or Lotte or someone in the Japan Series, a la 1960 Pirates.

I mean, I don't really expect it, but it would still be awesome.
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Dec 12, 2007 2:01 PM | SFT Fan ]

- [...] get beaten by Rakuten or Lotte or someone in the Japan Series, a la 1960 Pirates.

Now that'd be a sight to see, to see Yomiuri get beat in the Series despite out-hitting and out-pitching the other team, like what happened to the Yankees in 1960.
[ Author: pigskins15 | Posted: Dec 12, 2007 6:40 PM | YBS Fan ]

It's easy to hate the Giants. But if you owned the team or you were the head coach you would do what it takes to win. I am not a Giants fan, but I wish more teams would try to make championship teams.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.