Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Live! April 17 - HIR vs. HAN

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pro Yakyu Live! April 17 - HIR vs. HAN
It's over to the Central League this week for the league leading Hanshin Tigers hosting the Hiroshima Toyo Carp. Game time this evening will be at 6:00 pm JST [World Clock for date/time in your time zone].

Hope to have you tune in live.
Comments
Pro Yakyu Live! April 17 - YOM vs. CHU
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 17, 2008 9:20 PM | YBS Fan ]

Those of you who joined the live broadcast found that the card had changed. The Carp vs. Tigers were rained out, as were all but the Giants vs. Dragons and Eagles vs. Marines. At least the game in Nagoya was under a roof, and that's were we switched venues.

So I invite you to download part 1 [3.86MB MP3] and part 2 [146MB] of the audio broadcast. I noticed after the game started that there was a lot of background noise, and switched to the microphone after the first half inning - causing a break in the archived files. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In the game, the Dragons out hit the Giants 8-6, and stranded 7 to the Giants' 3. But a lead off home run by Takahashi Yoshinobu in the 4th inning (while at commercial!) was the difference in the game as the Giants won it 1-0. It was a good pitching duel between Greisinger and Yamai. Then Kroon came in to close in the middle of the 8th, and did a fantastic job. Far and away, the highlight of the game for me was Kroon's 8th inning performance.

As I write this, it looks like the Eagles may break their road losing streak as they lead the Marines 11-2 going to the bottom of the 9th at rain drenched Chiba Marine Stadium. Still, the Marines' faithful in right field are rooting for their team.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.