Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Orix Signs Karim Garcia

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Orix Signs Karim Garcia
The Orix Buffaloes said they have signed outfielder Karim Garcia [Baseball Reference]. Garcia batted .241 with 66 HR and 212 RBI in 488 games and 1,463 major league AB's. [Link - Daily Yomiuri]
Comments
Re: Orix Signs Karim Garcia
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 12, 2004 10:37 AM ]

As Pedro Martinez once said, "Who the h*** is Karim Garcia?" I don't know how smart this move is. Garcia is a well-reknown troublemaker who has yet to live up to his potential. This is a man who, together with team mate Jeff Nelson, tried to beat up a Fenway stadium attendant in the bullpen. He's also had problems elsewhere, although I can't recall off the top of my head what he's done.

Maybe I'm wrong, though. Maybe he'll turn into the next A-Cab or Peta.
[ Author: Guest: Tigers Baka | Posted: Nov 12, 2004 11:52 PM ]

Reminds me of a funny moment during a Mets' game on Sky Perfect this year. Al Leiter was "wearing a wire" and doing an interview from the bench with the network covering the game and Karim sat next to him wondering why he was talking to himself, not knowing that a live interview was taking place. After several obvious gestures from Leiter to beat it, Leiter pointed at the the microphone at which point Garcia loudly exclaimed "you f***ing a** hole!"

Anyone else see that?

Yeah, seems like a bit of a lad, but I thought he filled in pretty well during the Mets' injury stricken start to the year.
[ Author: Guest: pilar aguayo | Posted: Feb 4, 2005 4:16 AM ]

Karim Garcia arrived to the Mayor [Minor?] Leagues at 19 years old, and was the yongest at that time. He was also choosen for the All-American Baseball Player of the Year. Troubles are not the only part of his career.
[ Author: FrankIsTheMan | Posted: Feb 4, 2005 3:17 PM ]

I think he meant Major.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Feb 5, 2005 8:07 AM ]

- Troubles are not the only part of his career.

Garcia does have talent, but his attitude is his problem, and actions are his problems.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.