Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

BayStars Add Walrond

Discussion in the NPB News forum
BayStars Add Walrond
The Yokohama BayStars have added pitcher Les Walrond [Baseball-Reference].

Walrond has a career 1-4 record with a 7.07 ERA in 23 games. He has a minor league career record of 71-63 with a 4.05 ERA in 271 games.

Source: Japan Ball
Comments
Re: BayStars Add Walrond
[ Author: Guest: puddin head | Posted: Dec 12, 2008 2:47 AM ]

I saw Walrond pitch a couple of times in AAA for the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs in Pennsylvania. He looked terrific and had a stretch of 21 straight scoreless innings there. I hope it translates to success in Japan. I enjoy following the careers of guys I've seen in the minors.
Re: BayStars Add Johnson
[ Author: rockeastwood | Posted: Dec 20, 2008 7:59 AM | YBS Fan ]

Didn't see a thread for this yet, but the BayStars picked up Dan Johnson from Tampa. I find this to be a excellent move for Yokohama, and exactly the sort of player I had hoped for!

I really believe Dan can turn his career around in Japan and break out for a monster season. At least the possibility is there.

Going to be interesting.
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Dec 21, 2008 10:27 PM ]

As long as he can adapt to Japan and breaking pitch heavy NPB pitching, he should be launching homer after homer in the tiny Yokohama park (a la Murata).
[ Author: Guest: Xbalanque | Posted: Dec 24, 2008 12:19 PM ]

Dan Johnson is an ideal player to go to Japan. He has substantial major league experience and led the AAA International League with a .980 OPS in 2008. He was a major league caliber hitter in 2008, and he's only 29 in 2009. He's a patient hitter who should be able to adapt to the Japanese strike zone. He should really help Yokahama and hit a lot of home runs.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.