Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Marines Defeat Hawks on One Hit

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Marines Defeat Hawks on One Hit
Seriously depressed over the way things were turning out in Yokohama, I flipped to the Chiba Lotte Marine game this evening in time to see Gori (Imae) hit a birthday two run home run and put the Chiba Lotte Marines up 2-0 at the time. That was the Marines' first hit of the game, in the 4th inning, against Hawk starter Kamiuchi. Kamiuchi went on to walk one more Marine, retiring the other 14 batters he faced.

But on the mound for Lotte was Kobayashi Hiroyuki. He scattered 5 Hawks hits over 8 innings, striking out 12, and allowing just 1 run. His 12th strike out of the game to end the 8th inning was Kobayashi's career #1,000.

This is the second win in a row for Lotte over SoftBank on their current home stand. They hit SoftBank all over the place the day before, Ohmine throwing the full game for a 10-5 win. (I was a little worried at the end that he would have a Dobayashi-like melt down.) After these two great games, I wonder what the Marines have in store for our JapaneseBaseball.com meet up at Chiba Marine tomorrow.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.