Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Brown to Rakuten?

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Brown to Rakuten?
I've heard rumors that Brown could replace Nomura for Rakuten. Anyone heard more reports about this? (Besides rumors I mean.)
Comments
Re: Brown to Rakuten?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 25, 2009 10:49 PM | YBS Fan ]

Well, until Rakuten actually signs someone, everything is a rumor. And the Brown-kantoku taking over Rakuten appears to be the most prevelent one.

Regarding Yokohama's next manager, Nikkan Sports had an article today (October 26) stating that current Giants' Obana-pitching coach has been offered the job. The quiet leading up to this was Yokohama and Yomiuri meeting in private to make sure that the Giants were OK with the BayStars pursuing their coach for the field managerial job.

Others I've talked to have said that this story has broken only in the Asahi Shimbun group (of which Nikkan Sports is a member), so it's a rumor, but a very believable one. And Brown-kantoku moving up north to Sendai sounds like a reasonable rumor as well. But nothing is known for sure until they sign on the dotted line.
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Oct 26, 2009 8:35 AM ]

Has there been any sign of the Rakuten players rallying around Nomura? I know he turned all emotional and said he didn't know why he was being fired and wanted to stay. However, I wasn't sure how the players actually felt about this.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Oct 26, 2009 10:37 AM | HAN Fan ]

Nomura is going to accept an 'honourary kantoku' post probably similar to Hoshino's special directorship with the Tigers. He will be able to say what he wants and appear on TV when he wants. The post is also a four year contract.

As for the rumours about Brown - Rakuten officials are flying to America to talk to him and that is where things rest.
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Oct 26, 2009 5:09 PM ]

- He will be able to say what he wants and appear on TV when he wants.

That's a shame. Couldn't they find a position that banned Nomura from appearing on TV? Haha.
[ Author: Guest: Tomo | Posted: Oct 30, 2009 6:05 PM ]

He will also get 1-oku yen per year and someone says the money is "hush money." The release of his book about the Eagles has been postponed right after he accepted the offer.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.