Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

More Softbank News

Discussion in the NPB News forum
More Softbank News
It seems like a lot of Hawks news has been pervading the forums. So here's some more!
  • The new uniforms were revealed today [Image - takes a while to load]. Quite umimpressive in my opinion. But then again, I've been told I have no fashion sense. And their hats tell us to stop making noise ("Sh")
  • Yahoo is buying the naming rights to the now former Fukuoka Dome, now called - the Yahoo! Dome [Link - Bloomberg). It's dated the 25th, so maybe people in Japan already know this? At least fans will sound happy when they say "I'm going to the 'Yahooooooooo! [insert banjo here] Dome.'"
Comments
Re: More Softbank News
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Jan 31, 2005 3:54 PM | HT Fan ]

Well these ones are absolutely awful. The Rakuten uniforms are beautiful by comparison.
[ Author: Guest: BigManZam | Posted: Jan 31, 2005 5:09 PM ]

Oh man. I am not liking these new uniforms. I used to like the Hawks a little bit, but this news is really bad. I can't believe they're naming it Yahoo! Dome now. Is Orix still going to play in Yahoo! BB Stadium?

Please, Lotte, don't be bought out by Soft On Demand.
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Jan 31, 2005 9:13 PM ]

These uniforms are truly awful. They look like the Dave Winfield-era San Diego Padres from the 1970s.

Rakuten's slow-pitch softball uniforms are still worse, but uniforms in Japanese baseball seem to be getting worse and worse.
[ Author: himself | Posted: Feb 3, 2005 6:41 AM | FSH Fan ]

That was the worst set of uniforms I've ever seen. The Daiei version was, oh, fifty times better than those.
[ Author: himself | Posted: Feb 3, 2005 6:45 AM | FSH Fan ]

- Yahoo is buying the naming rights to the now former Fukuoka Dome, now called - the Yahoo! Dome.

Ouch. First they change their uniforms (very shoddy ones, at that), then they change the name of the home venue to the one that has nothing to do with the city? You know, I love the Hawks and the fact that Son is willing to do anything to markey the team, but I'm just wondering if he's starting to lose his mind a little.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.