Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Day 15 - Finals - Nihon Bunri (Niigata) vs. Chuukyoudai Chuukyou (Aichi)

Discussion in the High School forum
Day 15 - Finals - Nihon Bunri (Niigata) vs. Chuukyoudai Chuukyou (Aichi)
On 2009-8-24 Goro Shigeno wrote:
So, we've reached the finals. And as mentioned before, it's the viewed underdog in Nihon Bunri versus the Aichi powerhouse Chuukyoudai Chuukyou.

Will it be as one-sided as people say it is? Or are we just underestimating the team from Niigata?

[Full Article: http://goroshigeno.blogspot.com/2009/08/day-15-finals-nihon-bunri-niigata-vs.html]
Comments
Re: Day 15 - Finals - Nihon Bunri (Niigata) vs. Chuukyoudai Chuukyou (Aichi)
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Aug 25, 2009 9:27 AM | YAK Fan ]

Wow! is about all I can muster from the final. I am so glad that I kept the TV tuner on my phone on yesterday to watch until the end. What a game. That game is the reason why you always watch until the very last out, it is the perfect example of the saying, "It ain't over 'till it's over.", why you should never relax even if you have 2 outs, why baseball is so unpredictable....man I just can't explain in words the awesomeness of the 9th inning yesterday.

I've only been watching Koushien for about 7 years now, but without a doubt I'm sure this game will stay in my memories for life. I'm just about ready to shoot myself because I didn't record the game.

I'm not sure how long this will stay up, or even if it's viewable to people outside of Japan, but ABC Asahi Broadcast's website has the entire 9th inning up for view here (click on the top of the 9th inning and a new window will pop up).

What a game, what a game, what a game! Granted I can't see any of the pitchers getting drafted, but there were definitely some batters I can see going pro.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 25, 2009 11:35 AM | YBS Fan ]

I was calling for a comeback in the chat room yesterday as there were about 8 of us from around the world watching "together." After the first out, Ken D. called the game over (and even put a 10-4 final on the Koshien Wikipedia page). I said, "It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings," to which someone replied that she was warming up.

With the two out single, I said, "Alright, that brings the tying run, um, somewhere up the bench a ways." And before I knew it, I was writing, "That brings the tying run off the bench and on deck!" Then, in the blink of an eye, he was on third base.

Well after that final, fateful line drive, the adrenaline was pumping through all of our veins. Those in time zones where reasonable people were sound asleep commented that it was going to be hard to go to sleep after that finale.

I don't usually buy commemorative DVDs, but I think that I'll probably break down and splurge for this one when it hits the book stores.

I agree, Jingu Bleacher Bum, it's hard to describe the roller coaster emotions that Koshien can, and often does, evoke. My eyes are watering just thinking about yesterday's finish. And of course, sharing the game with those in the chat room made it even more memorable.
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: Aug 25, 2009 6:01 PM | FSH Fan ]

I almost had to head to the airport and fly to Niigata because I said if they come back to tie it up I am heading Niigata. It was a funny moment when everyone there was asking if I was scared or not, LOL.

Definitely a great final and I was glad I was there to witness it. I felt terrible for Wakabayashi.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.