Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Non-pro games 29th Sept to 2nd Oct, Kansai area

Discussion in the Amateur Ball forum
Non-pro games 29th Sept to 2nd Oct, Kansai area
Hi, I'm visiting Japan from Korea for the Chuseok holidays. I'm planning to go and see the Orix Buffaloes on the 1st October but was wondering if there were any other games going on within an hour or so of Kyoto between the 29th and 2nd Oct.

I'm happy to watch any level of baseball, college, amateur, independent etc.

Thanks.
Comments
Re: Non-pro games 29th Sept to 2nd Oct, Kansai area
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 7, 2012 5:20 PM | YBS Fan ]

The only amateur action I was able to find was the 130th JABA Kyoto Fall Season Tournament featuring 9 teams at Taiyo-ga-Oka Stadium in Kyoto. [Location can be found [here.] The tournament is scheduled to run for three days, extending as needed if games are rained out.

I'm afraid that that's all I was able to find looking at the big amateur tournaments. Anyone else know of anything happening in Kyoto at the end of August to beginning of October?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 7, 2012 7:53 PM ]

Thanks very much for that westbaystars, I doubt very much that I'd have stumbled across that myself. I've tried googling it but didnt have much joy, so if you could tell me which three days it is scheduled for and the start/finish times I'd be very grateful.

Thanks again.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 7, 2012 10:17 PM | YBS Fan ]

Sorry about forgetting the dates. I meant to say, "Running for three days (extended for rain outs) starting from September 29." I should have also credited the source: Japan Amateur Baseball Association (in Japanese).

I'm afraid that I don't see any times on the JABA site or elsewhere (Googling for the tournament name in Japanese). These tournaments usually have 3-4 games per day in the opening rounds, so there should be baseball going on all day long at the tournament site.

Hope this helps.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 8, 2012 2:00 PM ]

That's very helpful. Thanks.

It's a great site you have here. When I've been to the tournament I'll post a link to my blog with some photos and a write-up.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.