Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Koshien: 3 HRs in One Game Record Tied

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
Koshien: 3 HRs in One Game Record Tied
During one of the quarter-final games at the Summer Koshien tournament, Ryousuke Hirata (sp?) of Osaka Toin High School became just the second person in tournament history to hit three home runs in one game, as Osaka Toin came from behind to beat Yu Darvish's former high school Tohoku. The only other person to hit three homers in a single game was current Yomiuri Giant Kazuhiro Kiyohara, who did it back in 1984. Hirata also became just the 20th person in tournament history to hit home runs in 2 consecutive at bats.

(I haven't seen any English news yet on this, so I don't know if the players name is correct.)
Comments
Re: Koshien: 3 HRs in One Game Record Tied
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Aug 19, 2005 7:54 AM ]

Ryosuke Hirata homered three times in Osaka Toin win over Tohoku. [Full Story - Japan Ball]
Hirata in the Draft
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Sep 15, 2005 11:29 AM ]

Ryosuke Hirata said he expressed a desire to enter this year's high school draft. [Full Story - Japan Ball]
Re: Koshien: 3 HRs in One Game Record Tied
[ Author: 20X6!! | Posted: Aug 23, 2005 2:32 AM | FSH Fan ]

I thought Matsui (Hideki) had hit 3 home runs in one game, but I think he has the most (or one of the most) home runs in one tournament (before they intentionally walked him every at bat the next year).
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.