Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Hits, Ks, SB Records

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
Hits, Ks, SB Records
Just wondering about a few records.
  1. I know Ichiro has the record for most hits in a season in the major leagues. Does he still hold the record in the NPB?
  2. What's the record for strikeouts thrown in a game?
  3. Who has the record for most steals in a season?
Comments
Re: Hits, Ks, SB Records
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 28, 2006 10:15 PM | YBS Fan ]

1. I know Ichiro has the record for most hits in a season in the major leagues. Does he still hold the record in the NPB?

Yes, Ichiro still holds the season record for hits with 210 in 1994. Yakult's Aoki Norichika came close last season (2005) with 202 hits, setting a new Central League record.

2. What's the record for strikeouts thrown in a game?

Orix's Noda Koji struck out 19 Chiba Lotte Marines on April 21, 1995. Three pitchers are tied for second with 17 strike outs in a game, including Noda again, this time against Kintetsu in 1994.

3. Who has the record for most steals in a season?

Hankyu Braves' Fukumoto Yutaka places in first, second, and third for most stolen bases in a season with 106, 95, and 94 in 1972, '73, and '74 respectively.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.