Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Artilces and Data About Pro Yakyu

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
Artilces and Data About Pro Yakyu
Jim Albright-san writes

I've posted some articles and data about Japanese baseball, and thought I would let you know where to find them. First of all, I did an article on the Major League Equivalencies of a number of the best ballplayers in Japanese history

. . .

The rest of the materials can be found at the yahoo j-ball egroups site. I think you'll have to sign up for the group through. There is a spreadsheet which contains the study comparing the production of players who played in both Japan and MLB. It is in the files section named japan.xls. Another spreadsheet contains the standings and runs scored and allowed for each team from 1937-2000, and another contains the league totals for most offensive and pitching stats for 1937-1999.

Also, there is an article on the most successful managers in Japanese history, and finally a text document giving my franchise all-star teams through 2000. If you have any feedback on any of these, I'd be happy to hear it.

Comments
Great Resources
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 13, 2001 2:20 AM | YBS Fan ]

I'm sure that most of you are already on the mailing list. If not, you should be. It's my secondary forum for information. (It used to be my first, but complaints that I posted too much too often sent me back to web publishing.)

Albright-san was the first to start using the files resources of the list, although he's a relative newcomer to the list. Cory-san, another newcomer and currently building the AsianBallplayers.c
om
web site, took a list of player salaries I had posted to the list and stuck them
in the e-group's database. (This is something I'd like to do with more of my data, and would recommend to any of you rather than post Excel files.)

Hey, and taking a look just now, I see that everybody's favorite Russian Pro-Yakyu guru has submitted a few pages! Why hadn't I noticed those before? Well, learn something new every day.

Nonetheless, I'm all for more open infomatiton about Pro Yakyu by the fans, for the fans. Thank you for getting this vital archive started.

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.