Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Sadaharu Oh home run list?

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
Sadaharu Oh home run list?
I am looking for a complete list of Sadaharu Oh's home runs with date and possibly opponent. Any leads? db_braves atMark yahoo d0t com.
Comments
Re: Sadaharu Oh home run list?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 29, 2007 9:00 AM | YBS Fan ]

There is a list of all 868 home runs Oh hit between April 26, 1959 and October 12, 1980 in "Pro Yakyu 70 Years: Great Records," pages 111-108 (yes, from the back of the book), ISBN 4-583-61309-1, published January 20, 2005 by Baseball Magazine Sha. The table has # for Career, Date, # for Season, Batting Order, Final Score (w/Win or Loss), vs. Team, Stadium, vs. Pitcher, RBIs, Direction, and Comment.

This will take a while to type up, even with just the date and opponent. More time than I have at the moment. Can you read Japanese? If so, I can send you the scanned pages. (Or you should consider ordering the mook (Magazine/Book)).
Re: Sadaharu Oh Home Run List?
[ Author: Guest: hla715 Danny | Posted: Jul 6, 2007 3:41 AM ]

My e-mail is db_braves atMark yahoo d0t com. If you could e-mail that to me I would highly appreciate it. I do not know Japanese, but once in hand I can get a friend to translate for me.

I googled for that book with no luck. I would like to own a copy if you know of one available.

Thank You,

Danny.
Re: Sadaharu Oh Home Run List?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 6, 2007 9:03 AM | YBS Fan ]

E-mail is not a very good medium for sending large files. So you can find the four pages here:I'm sure that others would appreciate any work you do getting these into digital format. We're all baseball researchers working to help one another.

I found the book on Amazon Japan here (page is in English).

Shipping will probably cost about as much as the book. At least, that's often the case when I get things from Amazon U.S. shipped to Japan.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.