Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Sayonara Hits Career Leaders Request

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
Sayonara Hits Career Leaders Request
Can anyone point me to a source of information for career sayonara hits stats, including both active and retired players? I'm not sure this even exists anywhere as I haven't been able to find anything beyond the all-time top five, and also Akichan's stats on sayonara home runs. So far, this has been the most frustrating NPB stat I've searched for.

Thanx!
Comments
Re: Sayonara Hits Career Leaders Request
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 23, 2004 8:58 AM | YBS Fan ]

The yearly Baseball Magazine Sha "Record Book" has sayonara home runs for career (11 - Nomura), season (5 - Howell), and consecutive games (2 - many). If the Giants' Kiyohara hit one this year, then he's tied with Nomura for career sayonara home runs. I recall a big deal being made about Kiyohara a while back, but I don't recall if that was it.

Older versions of "The Official Baseball Encyclopedia" (a new one will be released next month) has game winning RBIs listed as a category from 1981 to 1988. But there is no list of leaders in that category.

If you're in the Tokyo area, head over to the Hall of Fame at Tokyo Dome. There you can get access to NPB-BIS' extensive database and, with the help of the staff, get your list in a matter of minutes most likely.

The only other alternative I can think of is to go through or fine tune this Google search (in Japanese). Google knows all.
[ Author: Guest: Mike Todd | Posted: May 1, 2004 4:00 AM ]

Thanks, Michael. If I can visit the NPB HOF sometime in May, I'll give this a try, and let you know how it turned out. I'm back in the U.S. now on leave.
[ Author: Saitma Ken | Posted: Aug 8, 2004 6:15 PM ]

Over the past several months I have discover Japanese Baseball, and I have found several useful sites. I know this is a late reply, but one of the better sites is JapanBaseballDaily.com. It's still a work in progress, but it has many interesting stats.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.