Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Best Game this Year? Hanshin vs. Marines

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Best Game this Year? Hanshin vs. Marines
Last night's (Jun 3, 2005) game was a pearler. With Hanshin's explosive start and then the fightback of then Marines highlighted by Franco's 2-run homer. Then to top it all off, Kanemoto being walked for Imaoka who hit a 3-run homer to win the game.

I think that was the most exciting game this year so far. Granted I am biased being a Hanshin fan, but what do you think?
Comments
Re: Best Game this Year? Hanshin vs. Marines
[ Author: holygoat | Posted: Jun 4, 2005 2:06 PM | HT Fan ]

I think the Detroit Tigers scoring 2 in the bottom of the 9th to tie the Rangers, then winning it in the 10th on Thursday was the best game I've seen. I really wish I could actually watch Hanshin Tigers games instead of poring over box scores to figure out what happened.

Hanshin's lineup is like what Detroit's was supposed to be before Magglio Ordonez and Carlos Guillen got hurt. Walking Kanemoto to get to Imaoka would be like walking Ordonez to get to Dimitri Young. Talk about picking your poison.
Re: Best Game this Year? Hanshin vs. Marines
[ Author: Guest: Tigers Baka | Posted: Jun 4, 2005 10:38 PM ]

Hey there Matteo! Yeah it sure was up there as one of the most exciting games of the year considering the run scoring ability of the opposition. I always had that sinking feeling as the scoreline changed until Imaoka's 3 run blast! Our pitchers didn't have one of their better nights, and Kubota always raises the heart rate. Heh, heh.

In saying that, after watching today's game (June 4), it was frustrating to see Sekimoto and Spencer choke time and time again with runners in scoring position. In fact, Spencer hasn't been coming through with runners in scoring position for some time, and I was hoping Okada would make the switch and sent Hiyama to the plate instead of Spencer when the bases were loaded in the 7th. But hey, we're all experts in hindsight, right?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.