Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Chiba Marine Stadium?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Chiba Marine Stadium?
Hi to all!

I am an American flying to Japan next week, and I plan to watch their home game against the Hanshin Tigers on the 23rd, which is Tuesday.

This will be my first live-game experience in Japan, and I wonder if anyone knows what's fun to do around and inside the Marines' stadium?

Also, if anyone will go to the game that day, do you want to get together?
Comments
Re: Chiba Marine Stadium?
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: May 15, 2006 2:12 AM | HAN Fan ]

I haven't been there since 1996. There was a nice marine botanical park next to the stadium right on the beach. Also, there was a Chiba Lotte Marines shop in a small shopping center a few blocks from the stadium. This area is a modern office and business district with hotels, shops, and restaurants. I think there is a traditional Japanese garden close by.
Thanks for the Reply
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 15, 2006 9:30 AM ]

The environment around the stadium sounds not-too-interesting. I was hoping to see some kind of harbor scenes like I saw in Nagoya last year, 'cuz the Marines' stadium is beside the coast, in Tokyo Bay. Thanks for letting me know what's around, Kiyoshi-san.
Re: Thanks for the Reply
[ Author: Something Lions | Posted: May 16, 2006 5:18 PM | SL Fan ]

Yeah, it's all new development and there isn't much there on a regular day without events going on. You're not too far away from Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea though. :P
Thanks for All Replies
[ Author: Guest: Dorasaga | Posted: May 25, 2006 9:32 PM ]

I went, I saw, they lost.

It was freaking cold, raining and wind-chill, blew away Imae's possible HR in the 9th.

Thank you all for replying, although there's less constructive suggestion, still, thanks a lot.

Just one thing: True baseball fans should not pay more to the Disney Empire. Just look at how they (after bought out ESPN) care less about WBC and baseball. Screw them.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.