Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Hiyama Hits the Ball

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Hiyama Hits the Ball
If ever there was a time for Hiyama to actually his the ball this season, This [YouTube] was it.
Comments
Re: Hiyama Hits the Ball
[ Author: Guest: JR | Posted: Aug 24, 2007 8:06 PM ]

Wow, miracles do happen. I was away from Japan, so I missed this, so thanks for posting. I just hope Okada doesn't get carried away and use Hiyama too much now.

Anyway, it just goes to show you that when a team is hot and playing well together, anyone can get the big hit!
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Aug 27, 2007 10:05 AM | HT Fan ]

Well in the last five games Hiyama has been batting .600 as a pinch hitter, with that granny and another RBI. So either he's been lucky, or is finally getting into a groove.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Aug 27, 2007 2:56 PM | HT Fan ]

- Either he's been lucky, or is finally getting into a groove.

I'm sure we'll get to find out, because it appears likely that Okada-kantoku will stick with him. Maybe Okada hasn't read the recent Hiyama-related posts on this site.

Meanwhile, what's up with Andy Sheets? Has Hiyama stolen his mojo?
[ Author: Guest: JR | Posted: Sep 8, 2007 12:38 PM ]

And Hiyama with the big home run last night! I remember he was on deck earlier in the game and Okada called him back. I got annoyed because I didn't want Okada using him later in a more important situation. Well, I'm glad Hiyama shut me up again!
[ Author: nanbanjin | Posted: Sep 8, 2007 5:58 PM | HAN Fan ]

Hiyama's home run off Uehara can be watched here [YouTube].
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Sep 8, 2007 6:22 PM | HT Fan ]

See it here [YouTube].
[ Author: Guest: Cardiff Carp | Posted: Sep 8, 2007 7:31 PM ]

Wish he would shut Christopher up - maybe if they go top tonight he will?!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.