Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Masanori Murakami - Autograph Help

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Masanori Murakami - Autograph Help
Hello,

On Saturday, I went to a San Francisco Giants baseball game and was fortunate to get tickets in the club level. While I was walking toward my seats, there were huge pictures of the various San Francisco Giants players. On one wall, there was a picture of Masanori Murakami and, of course, information about his short career with the Giants.

I had my wife take a picture of me next to the picture of Masanori Murakami. I know this is kind of corney, but I wanted to try to get this picture signed by him. It's really a nice picture of Murakami.

Does anyone know how I could possible contact him?

I know this is a long shot, but I thought that I would give it a try.

Thanks!
Scott
Comments
Re: Masanori Murakami - Autograph Help
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 27, 2004 9:04 PM | YBS Fan ]

As a former Yomiuri Giant, they may be able to give you contact information. Please see the FAQ for how to contact them. It's a longshot, but all I have.

The 2003 media guide section of the Shukan Baseball Player Meikan had him working for NHK, but he wasn't listed in the 2004 media guide section.
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Sep 28, 2004 9:46 AM | HAN Fan ]

I sat with Masanori Murakami at a Swallows/Giants game at Jingu Stadium a few years ago, and he attended a party for me and my friend at Attic Jr. Let me see if I can get in contact with him.
[ Author: Sharks410 | Posted: Sep 29, 2004 2:49 AM ]

Many thanks to everyone who replied! I will await your response - Kiyoshi. Hopefully, Masanori Murakami has seen this picture of him. It's a really nice tribute by the San Francisco Giants.
[ Author: PLNara | Posted: Sep 29, 2004 3:57 PM | HT Fan ]

Kiyoshi-san, I'm curious; how did you come by the opportunity to sit with Murakami?

Feel free not to answer is if this is too intrusive a question.
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Oct 8, 2004 2:30 AM | HAN Fan ]

My friend Jeff and I visited Japan in 1995. A Japanese friend of ours took us to a number of Japanese games. First night it was an Orix BlueWave/Nippon Ham Fighter game at Tokyo Dome where we met Mr. Chiba of the PL who took us into the bullpen hidden underneath behind the dugout.

The next night we were joined by another friend who invited Murakami to join us in the cramped seats of Jingu Stadium to see the Yomiuri Giants/Yakult Swallows. Masanori was then planning his trip to San Francisco for Masanori Murakami Day on August 4, 1995.

The final game was a Kintetsu Buffaloes/Seibu Lions day game at Seibu Stadium.

The fourth day our friend hosted a party for us at Attic Sports Bar with about 20 baseball afficionados including Jack Gallagher and special guest Masanori Murakami. Funny thing was that the TV had a baseball show with Murakami on it while we at the party.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.