Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Carp to Profit from Olympics?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Carp to Profit from Olympics?
Here's an interesting take on the Olympics by a Hiroshima fan. She points out that one of the announcers on tonight's game said that the Carp won't have anyone representing them in the Olympics, so they'll have a better chance to climb while everyone else's main players are away.

It seems to me that the Central League had a really hard time completing the schedule because they didn't want to commit to games during that time period to prevent anyone from having such an advantage. Will it really make so much of a difference?
Comments
Re: Carp to Profit from Olympics?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 28, 2008 12:03 AM ]

I think Ishihara, the Carp catcher, is the only player on the latest list of possibilities. I doubt he will be chosen.
Re: Carp to Profit from Olympics?
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Jun 28, 2008 12:28 PM ]

It would make the race for the 3rd and final playoff position in the CL more interesting in the dog days of summer. Should be interesting.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.