Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Saitama Seibu Lions lower playoff ticket prices!

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Saitama Seibu Lions lower playoff ticket prices!
When the Saitama Seibu Lions clinched 2nd place (and the right to host some of the Climax Series playoff games) earlier in the season they announced several efforts to ramp up their ability to draw larger crowds to the Seibu Dome.

[Full Article: http://jhockey.wordpress.com/2008/09/29/saitama-seibu-lions-lower-playoff-ticket-prices/]
Comments
Re: Saitama Seibu Lions lower playoff ticket prices!
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Sep 30, 2008 1:56 PM | YOK Fan ]

Seems like this may have worked. All the reserved seats for Omiya Park Stadium and the Seibu Dome are indeed sold out. But the real trick will be getting people to buy the non reserved tickets and getting people to fill those seats. I think I may be going to the games on the 17th (Omiya) and 18th and 19th at the Seibu Dome.

I just hope that Orix makes it to the second stage because I'm hoping to see Orix vs. Seibu in the second stage.
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Sep 30, 2008 3:40 PM ]

I bought tickets for the 18th and 21st (first base side though, natch), so I guess I won't see you at the dome if you're in the visitor outfield section. But we can meet up before or after the game.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Oct 1, 2008 2:53 AM | NIP Fan ]

I got two tickets to visitor's outfield unreserved seats on the 19th. I'm not exactly sure what my plan is for the game, it kinda depends on who the opposing team is. If it's the Fighters or Marines, I know all the cheers and have the appropriate gear, but if it's the Buffaloes I'm going to have to go learn some new songs. Though I wouldn't mind an opportunity to learn the Orix Towel Chance Dance, that looks like fun.

I want to go to Osaka for First Stage as well, if possible. Though I will be rooting against the Buffaloes. Somehow I always seem to be in the visitor's ouendan no matter what city I'm in!
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Sep 30, 2008 8:46 PM | YOK Fan ]

Correction, I did indeed buy a ticket for the game in Omiya when they went on sale last Saturday. So I will be going to that game (albeit I may arrive an hour after the start of the game, but who cares). And for any of you Seibu/ "winner of the 1st round team people" that are going to Omiya, please note that the third base side is for Seibu and the first base side is for the visiting team. Just thought I'd throw that out there for you guys who are interested.

I would be more than happy to meet up with you Simon before or after the game on the 18th.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Oct 1, 2008 8:17 PM | YOK Fan ]

Yet another correction!

I just got my tickets for the 18th and 19th today at my local Sunkus and I was able to get two tickets on the 3rd base side in the Lions' cheering section. Don't ask me why, but Lawson Ticket said that they were all sold out. So I guess it's best to try for yourself when you get to the ticket place or where ever.

Hope to see some of you there at the Seibu Dome. And I guess since I'll be sitting in the Lions' section, I will be cheering for Seibu after all.
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Oct 1, 2008 10:51 PM ]

How does that work with the convenience stores? Does each store get their own separate supply of tickets? I imagine it works that way because you sometimes see that one place is sold out but another has a few tickets left. So maybe that's what happened with your Lawsons/Sunkus experience.
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Oct 2, 2008 11:58 AM ]

Yeah, I've gotten that before, and Pia being the largest ticket agency seems to have the largest allocation. E-Plus for these games require you to have a credit card and pick up the ticket at a 7-Eleven (for regular season games you can just reserve at E-Plus and pay for it at 7-Eleven, no need for a credit card).
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Oct 3, 2008 11:54 AM | YOK Fan ]

Seriously, that is why I never order tickets online. It's too much of a hassle, plus next thing you know, they are probably going to start charging you a fee just to wait online to get the tickets. But with the whole E-Plus conbini thing, I thought that they charged you an additional fee for that, too.
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Oct 2, 2008 11:59 AM ]

Ah, that's too bad we'll be on opposite sides of the stadium. I have the non-reserved infield seats for the 18th game on the first base side.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Oct 2, 2008 7:25 AM | YOK Fan ]

That's what I was thinking and I believe to be the case. I was pretty surprised actually, but it's all good now that I have a reserved seat to the games.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Oct 15, 2008 8:43 AM | YOK Fan ]

While I was surfing the web yesterday night, I came across this little gem of info concerning Japan Series tickets on the Lawson Ticket webpage.

I must give all the credit in the world to Lawson for having all this info for all the teams in one place.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.